Friday, March 30, 2012

Courage

I have been thinking about courage for a while now. What it is and what it means to me, so I thought I'd try to gather my thoughts by writing them out.

Over the past month, Derek and I have been purposing to define and write out our own personal mission statements, as well as one for our family.
For me, part of defining our family mission statement is thinking about what are my goals for my kids, what do I want to leave to them and for them, how do I live my life in such a way that I impart all that I want to into them.

We haven't yet written anything out, but the main thing that keeps coming to my mind is being courageous.
I want my kids to know and see that we stepped out and made courageous decisions. Someday it may be something huge and life-changing, but for now it's walking out day by day what the Lord is calling us to, and that is courageous too. And that is more of the 'courage' I see instilling in our kids.

The Lord has been showing me some things that we have done and are doing that are courageous:

1. Derek going back to school
2. Choosing to teach our kids at home
3. Taking a leave of absence from work to finish the goal of college graduation
4. Choosing to be a one income family
5. Trusting the Lord completely for finances and a job
6. Loving people and valuing relationships

These are just off the top of my head, I am excited to see where the Lord has us going next.

No comments: