Saturday, November 10, 2012

Alley Update

I figured that since it's been six months since my last update, it was time for another one. Derek is coming up on six months as the Manager at Healthquest Therapy. It has been a wonderful job for Derek in so many ways! He is excelling and doing an amazing job and there is great opportunity for him there. He manages the Wasilla and Eagle River offices, which includes about 23 employees, made up of office staff and therapists. The health field has been a new and exciting challenge for him and he has spearheaded getting electronic medical records (EMR) established. He works Monday-Thursday so it's really nice to have him home for three full days! I (Janelle) headed back to school this fall. I am fairly close to completing my psychology degree so I am taking a couple of classes this semester to work toward my degree. I am taking Social Psychology and Health Psychology. It is proving to take a lot of time! Now Derek is supporting me as I work to get my degree:) I am teaching the kids in the mornings, usually until about 2pm. I am really enjoying our time together this year and feel like we are in a really good routine. My favorite time is first thing in the morning when we all sit down and have Bible, history, science and read aloud books together. The kids are doing well and growing by the day. CJ is enjoying Farm School this year where he is learning all about moose. Adrian is doing a horse class called the Blue Ribbon Badge program, where she gets a badge each week for learning things about horses. She loves it and I think horses will be a part of her life for a while! Megan and Rowan are hanging with me most of the time. Megan is learning her letters and sounds. Rowan is super active and busy, he loves his cars and trucks and is still learning to successfully go potty. Bless you all who read this, I plan to update a little more often:)

1 comment:

Greg and Andrea said...

I love your updates and hearing what's going on in your lives! I still keep up my blog, and so I see whenever you update yours. :)Happy for your family that you're having a good school year thus far. I can't imagine trying to go back to school while still doing all the other things a wife/mom does, so kudos to you. I'm sure it'll be nice to be done and to have that degree completed. :) Wish we all lived closer. Take care!Love,Andrea